Vacation

 My dad often tells us that mom knew it was really important to start traveling with us kids. She said before they knew it, we would be out of the house, so she wanted to make memories while she could. She had a travel agent, but her and our dear family friend Mrs. Roberts scoured Fodor’s for the best hotels and excursions so that they could have a blueprint of what we would be doing. Our bookcase was stocked with worn travel books from all over the world. Little notes in the margins with times we would arrive at a place or if it was miserable. Those vacations are some of my very best memories of my mom. She worked so hard to make them wonderful. And even when things got mixed up or a flight was delayed, that was all part of the adventure. 

Things are more complicated now. It should be easier, right? It’s not. There are so many sites that once you fall down a “vacation hole” as Rob calls them, it can be impossible to decide which choice is best. 


Well, in honor of my mom and her old school vacation planning, I am starting my own little travel agency. HunniHound Travel will be linked to my bookshop. My mom always had a mix of some fancy hotels or high ends dinners, together with some good bargains. AND of course there will ALWAYS be a bookshop stop in my itineraries! 

Because mom would want that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifty

Mama

Holding Hands through Hell