Mindbender

 There is a ride at Six Flags that Heather and Anna Kate loved. I couldn’t wait to be brave enough to ride it. The Mindbender. And I did eventually. 

I have been thinking a lot about Mindbender lately. My life has been similar. Unexpected and somewhat dangerous. Not sure what’s next then you realize everything is upside down and you’ve lost your hat. But before you know it, you're back to the familiar. 


Daisy is three months old now. After a tough start of reflux and colic, she’s settling in and smiling at everyone. Weldon is all over the place

and will start preschool in the fall. Rob is excited to get back to teaching after months of physical therapy for his back. And I’m just happy to not be pregnant. 

I have moments when I think,

“I need to call mom.” I want her to see the little girls. To watch Charlie grow up and to cheer Zig on during his senior year. But she’s not here. So dad and I sit at my table and talk about her. 


Rob and I are soaking it in while we can. Things will shift again this fall with school and work, but we are ready and excited for the ride to crank up again. And will be holding onto each other when the big drops come along.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama

Holding Hands through Hell

Mediocre